Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7/18-7/24

Monday: Off to recover from the 'race' yesterday.
Tuesday:
  • AM: 10mi (71:22) Horrible start but it got much better at end.
  • PM: 5.2mi (34:46) I felt great tonight. It is sad that the last three miles of this run were faster than the last three miles of my race two days ago.
Wednesday:
  • AM: 5.8mi (41:48) Easy run.
  • PM: 10mi (70:04) Felt good for the first half but really slowed in the last half due to hydration issues. I am really tired of this hot, humid weather...
Thursday:
  • AM: 5mi (37:47) Holy crap, that run sucked! I was supposed to go 10 miles but I was dying running 7:30 pace and had to bail. It is only 75 degrees but the dew point is 69. I think that I am going to ride for the next couple runs because I can not take these beatings any more.
  • PM: Bagged the workout because I am just toast.
Friday: 70 minutes on the bike/trainer. I could not deal with the heat today.
Saturday:
  • AM: 75 minutes on the bike/trainer.
  • PM: 5.2mi (36:45) First run in a while since it cooled off to 90 degrees with a dew point of 65 degrees. I felt good but felt a twinge in my lateral calf (peroneus longus?). I am going to ice and use the foam roller.
Sunday: 75 minutes on the bike/trainer again but today it was because of my calf. I am going to take it pretty cautiously because I do not want any setbacks. My calf is a bit tender but I am icing and rolling 3-4 times per day and using advil.

Completed: 41.2 miles running and about 73 miles on the bike.

No comments: