Wednesday, October 8, 2008

First post

Well, I figure that I have to enter the 21st century here and start a training blog. I have been working hard over the last year or so to get back into shape and run some acceptable times. I keep track of my training in my personal running logs, but I have been asked to share what I am up to. I added the first two entries for this week so that this week's training will be complete.

AM: 5.2 (36:50) - Easy run to shake out the legs this morning before the track workout tonight. This is the first day that my legs are not sore.

PM: Plan: 5x1600 @ 10k pace (~5:10) w/2min rest.

I ended up running a bit quicker and taking a little more rest than I planned because the first one was quicker than I planned and Dan Moriarty asked me to pace him through an even 4:56 mile (his PR).

2.2 mile warm-up (14:59)
5x1600m in 5:03, 5:02, 5:02, 5:01, 4:54 with 2:20 rest between repeats. The first quarter split was 74 seconds and felt easy so I knew that I was feeling good tonight. I felt incredibly smooth and in control throughout the entire workout and felt like I could have done several more repeats. The rest seemed to be too long in the end, but I wanted to make sure that I could pull Dan through even 74's. By, the way, Dan ran 4:55.
2.2 mile cool-down (17:20)
I finished up with 5x100m strides.
Total: 10.4 miles

No comments: