Sunday, March 29, 2009

3/29/2009

This week started off on the right foot but went down hill quickly after my Wednesday run. I actually felt good on Wednesday and after the workout I was feeling good. When I woke up on Thursday morning my hip was bothering me and the run did not go too well. I did not run at all in the last half of the week and hope to get back into it next week.

I got a total of 91.25 equivalent miles and 39 miles of running. Not nearly as good as last week but I have to listen to my body and just go with the flow.

Monday:
  • AM - (8 mi) An hour on the elliptical trainer.
  • PM - 10.5 mi (74:40) This was a bit further than I originally planned, especially after yesterday, but it felt good. The only down side was that it was about 25 degrees and the wind was blowing really hard. Get some rest.
Tuesday:
  • AM - (8 mi) Again, an hour on the elliptical trainer. 8 equivalent miles.
  • PM - 8.25 mi (57:49) This was a bit faster than yesterday and I felt good today. My hip did not bother me at all and it was also a bit warmer.
Wednesday: 16.25 mi (1:57:13) I have gotten into this habit of doing one long workout on Wednesdays for some reason. Today I ran a round-about route through Mine Falls Park to the gym and got there at about 8 miles (58+ minutes). I did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer and then ran 4 miles home. The total running distance was a bit over 12.25 miles (1:27:13). I sweat a bunch on this run too and weighed 162 lbs when I got home.

Thursday: 8.25 mi (59:34) This was the same route as Tuesday but I did not feel as sharp today. I was really tired today for some reason and was not able to get up this morning to get in my early workout. I feel like a complete slob because I could not get myself to go to the gym tonight either. Oh well. Hopefully the rest will do me some good because I am feeling pretty beat right now. I am hoping that I did not push it too much yesterday because my hip was a bit tender today. Maybe the rest will help with that. I definitely do not want to set myself back again. If that happens I will probably just give up on running and take up knitting or something a little easier on the body.

Friday:
  • AM - (8 mi) On the elliptical
  • PM - (8 mi) On the elliptical again.
Saturday: I took today off because I my hip was not feeling good and I just needed the rest.

Sunday: 16 mi (2 hours) On the elliptical trainer. This really sucked because it was a straight shot on the elliptical trainer for 2 hours and I nearly lost my mind. My hip was a bit tender again today and I just wanted to give myself a rest.

No comments: