Sunday, November 2, 2008

I met with the orthopaedist on Wednesday and have an MRI of my knee scheduled for 11/12. The shin injury is pretty much cleared up and I am actually running again, if you call 2 or 3 miles a day running. I have some residual pain on the medial side of my right knee from an injury that I had last April and I just want to make sure that it is not a meniscus tear. I have been doing a lot of strength training (squats, leg extensions, hamstring curls, abductor/adductor work as well as lunges and some upper body work) and spending 45-60 minutes per day on the elliptical trainer. One thing that seems to help my knee a lot is spinning backwards on the elliptical trainer for about 10 minutes. I finish up each workout with some running. On Friday I ran 1 mile, yesterday 2 miles and today a whopping 3 miles. All the running is on the treadmill and I set the incline to 1.5-2.5 percent grade and plod along at about 7:30 min/mile pace.

Today: 45 minutes on elliptical + 3 miles running (22:09)

No comments: